Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...holding it while at work.



So, I go to the restroom in the office building where I'm now working and I see the above notices taped to the tile above the urinal. I wonder just how bad things have gotten, economy-wise, to make guys feel like they need to pee from across the room just to save the wear and tear on their shoes. So sad. What's next? Washing your hands with wishes and dreams?

I do enjoy the way the second notice is worded. There is something strangely ritualistic about the phrase "Please step up to urinal."

Please step up to Urinal.
Genuflect before Urinal.
Do not look Urinal directly in the drain.
Make a generous offering to Urinal. (Cake?)
You may ask one question and one question only of Urinal.
Bow in reverence, flush then go reflect on the glossy, porcelain wisdom of...
URINAL!!!

Here's hoping things remain at least this bizarre at the new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment