Sunday, March 1, 2009

...foldin' t-shirts.



So it's come to this. Only a handful of posts so far and I'm so devoid of ideas that I'm forced to blog about homemaking tips. Fear not, as this one doubles as a guaranteed-to-get-you-looked-at party trick.
Does your current t-shirt folding technique leave something to be desired? Than look no further than 'the Gravity Fold', and let Isaac Newton fold your t-shirts for you. (Note: Newton has been dead for 282 years and can't so much as fold a protein let alone your laundry.)
Since moving back to Cincy from New York I've missed by-the-pound, drop off laundry service more than just about anything else. I could drop it off in the morning, go home and go to bed, and then pick it up, clean and folded, before I had to go to work at night. And they almost never lost my socks! Since then I've been schlepping my canvas bag of dirties over to friends' houses to clean them, but never wanting to fold my dry clothes until I got home always resulted in a wrinkly, unrecognizable heap of fabric. But now, at least where my tees are concerned I have a new, high-concept, ultra-modern method for folding, which is really more performance art than chore. I'm saving minutes upon minutes which I can then use to blog about all of the minutes I've saved. Genius.
While some of the less cultured of my friends may look at how, with a deft flick of the wrist, I transform a pile of cast-off Jersey knit into a sharp cornered rectangle of retail ready perfection, and deride it as witchcraft. They fail to see the natural beauty of my technique. Just as the origami master will turn squares of paper into birds and all kinds of other shit. So to do I, with grace bordering on transcendence, make the ordinary into art.
Please observe the above video to see for yourself, presented in highly accurate Japanese for accuracy's sake.

3 comments:

  1. i'm still recovering the blown bits of my mind from your tuesday night demonstration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I've been...not blogging. Geez, Matt. Blog something. Awiiiink!

    ReplyDelete